Denby recently launched a new range of tableware incorporating contemporary living and entertaining. I was lucky to receive their Takeaway Set from their new Natural Canvas range which includes: 2 x Tall Bowls, 2 x Small Bowls, 2 x Pasta Bowls and 1 x Rectangular Platter. I love the Pasta Bowls as they are the perfect size for eating my dinner from. The platter is also great for laying out food that we share.
500g Lean Beed Mince
4 wholemeal rolls
1 chopped onion
150g Cheddar Cheese
900g White Potatoes
Low Calorie Cooking Spray
Nandos Peri Peri Salt
I’m not usually one for sharing many recipes here on my blog, but I thought it’d be a great idea to really share the Denby Natural Canvas range while I’m showing just how I use the Takeaway Set. With the warm weather here in England at the moment, our favourite meal has been our Homemade Burgers and Chips. This was adapted from a Slimming World recipe from when I followed their plan last year. And, although it’s not too bad for you. It still tastes delicious. We’ve just adapted it to suit us. It’s particularly really quick to make too!
To Make the Burgers:
1. Add the Lean Mince and Onions into a large mixing bowl, working them together.
2. Once the mince has fully formed with the onions start parting the mixture into portions. If making without a burger press, divide the mixture into balls and press down to make a burger shape.
3. Fry the burgers in Low Calorie Cooking Oil until cooked throughly.
To Make the Chips:
1. Preheat your oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes and cut into rectangular chips.
2. Bring a saucepan to boil adding in the chips and cook for around 3-4 minutes.
3. Spray a baking tray with Low Calorie Cooking Oil and transfer the chips to the tray. Spray the chips with Cooking Oil and add a sprinkle of Nando’s Peri Peri Salt.
4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, turning part way through.
It’s one of our favourite and most easiest meals to make. It helps that it’s not too bad for you either. Of course, if you’re not bothered about the fat in the mince or oil, you can just switch them to the original. I really want to try making quorn burgers too with the same method, as I’m not the biggest meat eater. I love using our Denby Takeaway Set with this meal. It’s the perfect size and there’s something to hold everything.